Doctor insights on:
How Does The Respiratory System Regulate Blood Ph
How could you expect this to affect blood pH and respiratory rate and is this a state of acidosis or alkalosis?
Incomplete question: We'd like to answer this even though it looks like a homework problem. Can you send the complete question? Thanks. ...Read more
Not an easy answer: when a persons body temp goes up asi fever, the mechanisms that help with cooling invoke increased respiration, perspiration, and vasodilation of the blood vessels. Since heart rate increases to maintain cardiac output with vasodilation, blood pressure is usually not affected, but may drop a small amount ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
In the usual manner: Respiratory acidosis means that carbon dioxide is not washed out of the body as it is supposed to be. The two main reasons would be severe lung disease in which air exchange cannot occur, or suppressed sensorium where there is no air coming into the lungs because the patients are not breathing. Blood flows as usual. ...Read more
I had a nosebleed in the night and today my mucus is with blood. The blood is from the nosebleed or is something else from the lung ore respiratory?
I have an upper respiratory infection and I am being treated with a zpak I had some blood In my phlegm is this normal from the hard coughing?
Could be normal : Generally speaking patients with illnesses that cause heavy coughing can develop some blood tinged sputum. As long as you're under treatment and it does not worsen and improves you should be fine. The biggest concern with bloody sputum is tuberculosis, and unless you have reason to believe you have had exposure tuberculosisyou will likely be fine. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How does the respiratory system work with other body systems?
- How does the respiratory system and the cardiovascular system work together?
- How does the respiratory system interacts with the immune system?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How does alcohol affect the respiratory system?
- How does the respiratory system affect the nervous system?
- How does asthma affect the respiratory system?
- How does the respiratory system depend on the circulatory system?
- Talk to a hematologist online for free