Doctor insights on:
How Does The Respiratory System Regulate Blood Ph
How could you expect this to affect blood pH and respiratory rate and is this a state of acidosis or alkalosis?
Incomplete question: We'd like to answer this even though it looks like a homework problem. Can you send the complete question? Thanks. ...Read more
Not an easy answer: when a persons body temp goes up asi fever, the mechanisms that help with cooling invoke increased respiration, perspiration, and vasodilation of the blood vessels. Since heart rate increases to maintain cardiac output with vasodilation, blood pressure is usually not affected, but may drop a small amount ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
In the usual manner: Respiratory acidosis means that carbon dioxide is not washed out of the body as it is supposed to be. The two main reasons would be severe lung disease in which air exchange cannot occur, or suppressed sensorium where there is no air coming into the lungs because the patients are not breathing. Blood flows as usual. ...Read more
I had a nosebleed in the night and today my mucus is with blood. The blood is from the nosebleed or is something else from the lung ore respiratory?
Yes it can be: Yes, it can be. See MD to determine cause. ...Read more
Why do infants have lower blood pressure than adults when their heart and respiratory rates are higher?
Needs of the system: The blood pressure needs to be just high enough to push the blood around through the vessels & supply the needs of the body.Babies have shorter & narrower pipes to push the blood through so the pressure can be lower.Babies have a faster metabolism than adults, & the higher heart & respiratory rates that add the oxygen (at low pressure) to help them grow. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How to regulate ph balance?
- How does the pancreas regulate blood sugar?
- How does the respiratory system work with other systems?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How does heart disease affect the respiratory system?
- How does the respiratory system work with the digestive system?
- How does the respiratory system adjust to exercise?
- How does influenza affect the respiratory system?
- Talk to a hematologist online for free