Doctor insights on:
How Does The Respiratory System And The Cardiovascular System Work Together
O2 Delivery: The lungs exchange co2 from metabolism for o2. The heart delivers a carefully calibrated amount of blood to the body to match o2 delivered to o2 needed. That's why heart rate goes up w/ exercise. The lungs gets their blood from the right ventricle, and this blood comes back to the left atrium where it is then ejected to the body by the left ventricle. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
The vascular system performs circulation of blood throughout the body. It consists of the arteries and veins that run everywhere including the head, neck, chest, abdomen and all 4 extremities. The heart might also be included as it is the pump that circulates the blood thru the vascular system. The lymphatics of the body are also considered a third part ...Read more
Hows does the cardiovascular system and the respiratory system work together to maintain homeostasis?
Beautifully: Your body uses oxygen for fuel and produces carbon dioxide as waste. These gases circulate in the blood, which is pumped by the heart to the lungs (and the rest of the body). In the lungs, oxygen you breathe in enters the blood, while carbon dioxide leaves the blood and enters the air you breathe out. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Intricate connection: The respiratory system provides oxygen that nourishes the entire body, including the heart and vascular system. Without oxygen, we die. Without the left heart, oxygenated blood cannot be pumped through the body. De-oxygenated blood also has to get back to the lungs to be re-oxygenated. Receiving this blood from the vena cava, the right heart pumps it back through the lungs. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Gas exchange: The heart and lungs work together is a carefully coordinated team to pick up oxygen from the lungs, deliver it to the tissues, and then take the waste products from those tissues and return it to the lungs where they are expelled as carbon dioxide. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How do the respiratory circulatory and digestive system work together?
- How do the digestive and respiratory system work together?
- How does the brain and nervous system work together?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How does the digestive system work with the cardiovascular system?
- How does the respiratory system work with other systems?
- How does the skeletal system work with the cardiovascular system?
- How do the circulatory system and the digestive system work together?
- Talk to a cardiologist online