Doctor insights on:
How Does The Respiratory System Affect The Nervous System
Easy.: The brain (mission control of the nervous system) initiates the drive to breath based upon input from a variety of sensors. It transmits signals via the phrenic nerve to the diaphragm to initiate breathing. Cough receptors in the lung similarly control the cough reflex. Additionally the epiglottis is triggered to cover and protect the trachea to prevent aspiration. ...Read more
Both important: They are both very important to keeping you alive! oxygen is necessary for your brain cells to work properly. The nervous system (and particularly the brain stem) controls your breathing, the movement of your chest, the circulation of your heart, and oxygen going to your brain. They all have to work together. ...Read more
WebMD: See webmd for a thorough discussion. Not enough room in this forum. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How does a stroke affect the nervous system?
- How does chocolate affect the nervous system?
- How are common does cysticercosis affect the nervous system?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How does alzheimer's s affect the nervous system?
- How does dystonia affect the nervous system?
- How does broca aphasia affect the nervous system?
- How does exercise affect the respiratory system?
- Talk to a neurologist online