Doctor insights on:
How Does The Respiratory System Affect The Nervous System
Easy.: The brain (mission control of the nervous system) initiates the drive to breath based upon input from a variety of sensors. It transmits signals via the phrenic nerve to the diaphragm to initiate breathing. Cough receptors in the lung similarly control the cough reflex. Additionally the epiglottis is triggered to cover and protect the trachea to prevent aspiration. ...Read more
Autonomous System: Vía the Autonomous nervous system. Parasympathetic and sympathetic Pathways. There are a couple of receptors the primarily regulate cardiovascular system and they are the adrenergic receptors. Beta 1 and 2 and alpha 1 and 2. ...Read more
Definitely yes: It is well known that alcohol is a depressant of the CNS and vascular system, leading to irreversible changes in the peripheral nervous system. Additionally there is a direct neurotoxic effect of alcohol. The most frequent consequence of chronic alcohol intake is a toxic alcohol induced polyneuropathy.The symptoms include numbness of the soles, followed by discomfort of feet and legs. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Hummm!!': Cardiovascular system circulate blood through out the body. Gi system absorbs the nutrients from body for body energy and function. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How does a stroke affect the nervous system?
- How does chocolate affect the nervous system?
- How are common does cysticercosis affect the nervous system?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How does alzheimer's s affect the nervous system?
- How does dystonia affect the nervous system?
- How does broca aphasia affect the nervous system?
- How does exercise affect the respiratory system?
- Talk to a neurologist online