Doctor insights on:
How Does The Integumentary System Parts Work Together
Pneumonia: The integument is the skin and the mucous membranes. These structures are not affected as a primary focus of pneumonia, which is an inflammation of the lungs involving the air spaces (alveoli) and the tissues separating them (intraalveolar septi). Not entirely sure what you are asking beyond this. Please rephrase the question if I have not answered you satisfactorily. ...Read more
Bruising...: Hemophilia is a defect in your blood's ability to clot properly. If this coagulation system is not working well, as happens in hemophilia, a person can have excessive bleeding and bruising. The skin itself (part of the integumentary system) is fine, but hemophilia can manifest itself as large bruises under the skin and excessive bleeding from a cut in the skin. ...Read more
See below: See http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/1522803/.Get a more detailed answer ›
Weakness, numbness: The paralysis from spinal cord injury causes varying degrees of weakness and muscle loss (atrophy), depending on the severity of the injury. There may also be spasticity or tightness of the muscles, putting a person at risk of contractures (joint rigidity). Numbness from spinal cord injury places a person at risk of developing pressure sores-- pressure relief is paramount for prevention. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Breathe and eat: If you're not breathing, you will have no need of digestion. However, your respiratory system makes oxygen available to the rest of your body, including digestive system -- and it, in turn, distributes nutrients to the muscles of respiration. These muscles would not be able to contract as you inhale, if they had no nutrients broken down by the digestive system. ...Read more
Respiratory: System oxygenates the blood and circulatory system delivers oxygenated blood to rest of body....Gross over simplification of course. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How does the brain and nervous system work together?
- How does the respiratory system and the cardiovascular system work together?
- Integumentary system parts and function
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How does psoriasis affect the integumentary system?
- How does cystic fibrosis affect the integumentary system?
- How do the digestive immune systems work together?
- How do the digestive respiratory systems work together?
- How does the integumentary system work?