Doctor insights on:
How Does The Excretory System Work With Digestive System In The Body
How to know if my digestive system works properly? I mean does it save essential vitamins for my body? And what are the symptoms if it does not?
Stable weight is ok: If you are not losing weight quickly then your digestive system is probably fine. If you were losing weight, having lots of blood in your stool/bowel movements, or constant diarrhea, that would be the sign of more serious digestive problems. Vitamin deficiency is rare if you are eating plenty of fruits and vegetables. Those symptoms are highly variable and would need labs to test to confirm. ...Read more
The other way around: Vitamin B12 is not known to be toxic in any amount. However, one of the causes of high blood levels of B12 is liver disease including hepatitis ; cirrhosis. Liver disease certainly affects the digestive system. But it is not high B12 that causes liver disease but liver disease that can cause high B12 levels. As i mentioned earlier, other causes of high B12 include kidney disease ; blood disorders. ...Read more
Check this out: Follow this link to learn more about the anatomy & physiology of the digestive tract (http://www.Dasilvainstitute.Com/gastrointestinal-anatomy-physiology) summary: the GI tract is a single cell barrier of protection between the outside world & the inside of our body. Immune cells are numerous here. It digests (breaksdown) foods, and absorbs the nutrients & water to enter our blood stream. ...Read more
Absorbs Nutrients: That's a very complicated question and there is not an easy answer. The body breaks down the food you eat to its component parts and then absorbs that to create energy. You can find a lot of information at your local library or on the internet. ...Read more
Meaning?: Please be more specific as to what kind of information you are looking for. The digestive system is quite complex. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How does the digestive system work with other systems?
- How does the respiratory system work with the digestive system?
- How does the digestive system work with the immune system?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How does the digestive system work with the lymphatic system?
- How does the digestive system work with the cardiovascular system?
- Digestive system and excretory system
- How does alcohol affect the excretory system?
- Talk to a colorectal surgeon online for free