Doctor insights on:
How Does The Doctor Know If The Diagnosis Is Polymyalgia Rheumatica
Ploymyalgiia : Rheumatologist treats them . Internist can treat them too. ...Read more
Autoimmune: Polymyalgia rheumatica (pmr) is an autoimmune disease that occurs in people 50 years of age and older. It is associated with severe pain and stiffness in the shoulders and hips. Pmr can also lead to blindness due to inflammation in blood vessels of the eye. Pmr is treated with steroids and Aspirin to prevent blindness. Other medicines (antibiotics) are sometimes used to prevent steroid effects. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Many aches and pain: The definition is many muscles and joint pain. Polymyalgia rheumatica is an inflammatory arthritic disease that affects patients above 50 years old. It is associated with shoulder, upper arm (muscles), hip, upper leg (muscles) pain and stiffness. It can be associated with fevers and weight loss. True weakness comes from the pain and stiffness of the muscles and joints. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Fairly common: Plymyalgia rheumatica is a fairly common rheumatic condition as compared to other rheumatic diseases. It occurs in 50 to 55 people per 100, 000. It is twice as common in women as compared to men. It is rare below the age of 50 and increases as age continues to go up. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How does the doctor know if the diagnosis is hematocele?
- How does the doctor know if the diagnosis is puncture wound of the knee?
- How does the doctor know if the diagnosis is bone infection?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How to know if the stinger of bee is still in foot?
- How can i know if the copper iud is in the right place?
- How can a doctor tell if the endometriosis is gone?
- How will we know if the radiation therapy is working?
- Talk to a rheumatologist online for free