Doctor insights on:
How Does The Digestive System Work For Kids
Meaning?: Please be more specific as to what kind of information you are looking for. The digestive system is quite complex. ...Read more
Not really: Fasting will not clear your digestive system. It will empty at it's own rate. If you fast long enough it may empty somewhat but your metabolism will slow and eventually your body will begin to consume your muscular tissue for energy. ...Read more
Check this out: Follow this link to learn more about the anatomy & physiology of the digestive tract (http://www.Dasilvainstitute.Com/gastrointestinal-anatomy-physiology) summary: the GI tract is a single cell barrier of protection between the outside world & the inside of our body. Immune cells are numerous here. It digests (breaksdown) foods, and absorbs the nutrients & water to enter our blood stream. ...Read more
Lack of insulin: (type 1) or resistance to Insulin (type 2). Abnormal glucose metabolism, vascular complications and a whole lot more. See this site for more info. http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/diabetesmellitus.html. ...Read more
Physiology: This cannot be answered in this short a space. All the organ systems in the body interact, most commonly with feedback mechanisms. Get a physiology textbook and begin reading. It may take you some time, particularly if you are not a biology student. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does it take for food to pass through the digestive system?
- How does the digestive system work with other systems?
- How does the digestive system work with the cardiovascular system?
- How does the digestive system work with the lymphatic system?
- How does the excretory system work with digestive system in the body?
- How does the stomach work in the digestive system?
- How does the human eye work for kids?
- How long does it take for food to go through the digestive system?
- Talk to a pediatrician online for free