Doctor insights on:
How Does The Digestive System Work For Kids
Absorbs Nutrients: That's a very complicated question and there is not an easy answer. The body breaks down the food you eat to its component parts and then absorbs that to create energy. You can find a lot of information at your local library or on the internet. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Check this out: Follow this link to learn more about the anatomy & physiology of the digestive tract (http://www.Dasilvainstitute.Com/gastrointestinal-anatomy-physiology) summary: the GI tract is a single cell barrier of protection between the outside world & the inside of our body. Immune cells are numerous here. It digests (breaksdown) foods, and absorbs the nutrients & water to enter our blood stream. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Breathe and eat: If you're not breathing, you will have no need of digestion. However, your respiratory system makes oxygen available to the rest of your body, including digestive system -- and it, in turn, distributes nutrients to the muscles of respiration. These muscles would not be able to contract as you inhale, if they had no nutrients broken down by the digestive system. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does it take for food to pass through the digestive system?
- How does the digestive system work with other systems?
- How does the digestive system work with the cardiovascular system?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How does the excretory system work with digestive system in the body?
- How does the human eye work for kids?
- How long does it take for food to go through the digestive system?
- How does the human ear work for kids?
- Talk to a pediatrician online