Doctor insights on:
How Does The Digestive System Work For Kids
Absorbs Nutrients: That's a very complicated question and there is not an easy answer. The body breaks down the food you eat to its component parts and then absorbs that to create energy. You can find a lot of information at your local library or on the internet. ...Read more
Meaning?: Please be more specific as to what kind of information you are looking for. The digestive system is quite complex. ...Read more
Not really: Fasting will not clear your digestive system. It will empty at it's own rate. If you fast long enough it may empty somewhat but your metabolism will slow and eventually your body will begin to consume your muscular tissue for energy. ...Read more
Why ???: Question doesn't make senseGet a more detailed answer ›
Check this out: Follow this link to learn more about the anatomy & physiology of the digestive tract (http://www.Dasilvainstitute.Com/gastrointestinal-anatomy-physiology) summary: the GI tract is a single cell barrier of protection between the outside world & the inside of our body. Immune cells are numerous here. It digests (breaksdown) foods, and absorbs the nutrients & water to enter our blood stream. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does it take for food to pass through the digestive system?
- How does the digestive system work with other systems?
- How does the digestive system work with the cardiovascular system?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How does the excretory system work with digestive system in the body?
- How does the human eye work for kids?
- How long does it take for food to go through the digestive system?
- How does the human ear work for kids?
- Talk to a pediatrician online