Doctor insights on:
How Does The Digestive System Maintain Homeostasis
It absorbs all.: the nutrients you eat and stores/utilizes the ones you need and you defecate or urinate out the ones you don't ...Read more
Tolerance: The GI tract is tolerant of food antigens, and mounts a response to infections. ...Read more
Immune system: This is a very in-depth topic that could never be described with adequate detail in this little box. Please check out this website for specific information on the entire immune system. http://www.niaid.nih.gov/topics/immunesystem/pages/default.aspx. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Too Many to Say Here: By circulating blood and other cells the circulatory system suppiles nutrients, energy, protection & a myriad of other things throughout the body to control the balance. It transports hormones to control all aspects of our body & it also helps control our core & extremities temperature and helps remove dead cells throughout the body. It would take books to say all the ways homeostasis is acheived. ...Read more
Controls microbes: The specific and non-specific immune systems work together to maintain a balance with the microbial world. Bacteria and fungi that colonize the body's surfaces; the skin, the respiratory tract and the GI tract are met at those surfaces they do not invade. The micro biome (these colonizing microbes) play an important role in homeostasis. ...Read more
Depends: If the endocrine system is not maintained well, hormones start to be disrupted, various things can happen. Depending on the hormone you can have weight gain, loss of muscle, increase in inflammation, fatigue, poor sleep. This all starts the process towards dis-ease which eventually if not stopped leads to disease. Integrative medicine works on balancing the body at all times. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How does the cardiovascular system maintain homeostasis?
- How does the circulatory system help maintain homeostasis?
- How does the immune system maintain homeostasis?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How does the circulatory system maintain homeostasis?
- How does the heart maintain homeostasis?
- Respiratory system maintain homeostasis
- How does blood help maintain homeostasis in the body?
- Talk to a colorectal surgeon online for free