Doctor insights on:
How Does The Acetylcholine Affect The Blood Vessels
ACH effect on BV: M3 muscarinic ach receptors are located in smooth muscles of blood vessels. Because they're gq-coupled & mediate increase in intracellular calcium, they typically cause contraction of smooth muscle (as in bronchi). But activation of m3 on vascular endothelial cells causes increased synthesis of nitric oxide, which diffuses to adjacent vascular smooth muscle cells and causes their relaxation. ...Read more
Used for: Hypertension- yes it affects blood vessels, but in a good way. ...Read more
If caffeine constricts blood vessels, and increases metabolism
is it possible that it might have an affect on the effectiveness of metronidazole?
Can sinusitis affect blood vessels in brain in any way?? if so,how? Can repeatedly blowing your nose hard affect eyes or ears.. Or brain?,
Maybe: In some cases, migraine headaches can involve changes in cerebral blood flow. Interestingly, treating a type of chronic sinus disease known as vasomotor rhinitis with nasal anti-histamine results in desensitization of the TRPV1 receptor and can improve migraines. As for blowing your nose hard: this raises intracranial pressure and can cause ears to pop and even broken blood vessels in the eye ...Read more
Does raynauds disease an scerloderma, link to lungs like upper lobe, and affect , heart, kidneys, brain, eyes, through blood vessels to brain and limbs?
Bruise: A broken blood vessel causes bruising - extravasation of blood (blood coming out of vessel). Lifting heavy objects serves a stress factor for vessels as it causes pressure to build up in capillaries and if it is high enough to break the vessel wall, it causes blood to come out and build up under the skin causing ecchimosis or what we know as bruising. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Needs evaluation: Platelet abnormal, or blood issue and needs full exam and blood work. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does it take a broken blood vessel in the eye to heal?
- How long does it take a broken blood vessel in the eye to fully heal?
- How does low blood sugar affect the kidneys?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How does blood pressure affect the kidneys?
- How does high blood pressure affect the heart?
- How does coronary heart disease affect the respiratory system?
- How does alcohol affect the respiratory system?
- How does alcohol affect the blood vessels?