Doctor insights on:
How Does Rhinovirus Affect Your Body
That is: an impossible question to answer because there is no way to quantify the minimum viral particles necessary for infection. In any case, since host factors are critical in determining the vulnerability to infection, the answer would vary . ...Read more
Common cold: Typically rhinovirus is responsible for several of the common colds that afflict us. It enters a host cell and then replicates or reproduces and infects other cells until one becomes symptomatic. The duration can last 3 to 4 days until the body's defensive cells put the virus back under control. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
They bind receptors: On cells that line the nose, mouth and then invade the cells, replicate in them and them burst them to release more viruses. These new viruses repeat this cycle till the immune system clears them from the body. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does it take for a steroid epidural to affect your body?
- How does chewing tobacco affect your body?
- How does autism affect your body or brain?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How does low blood sugar affect your body?
- How does bladder cancer affect your body?
- How does celiac disease affect your body?
- How does scoliosis affect your body?
- Talk to a infectious disease specialist online