Doctor insights on:
How Does Presyncope Relate To Heart Failure
Several causes: Presyncope which is the sensation that you might faint but actually do not lose consciousness. This sensation could be due to rapid changes in position like standing up. It may be due to low blood pressure due to diuretics or other meds. A change in heart rhythm (too slow or too fast) can also cause this feeling. Less commonly very poor pumping power can cause this sensation. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Heart failure is a complex set of conditions in which the heart "fails" to pump a normal amount of blood with each beat. This can be due to poor squeezing function (systolic heart failure) and/or a stiff heart incapable of filling normally (diastolic heart failure). Common symptoms include swelling and trouble breathing, particularly when ...Read more
Left ventricle: The left ventricle is dysfunctional either during systole (squeezing). Or diastole (relaxing) or both. In either case, forward flow of blood through the heart to the body is impaired. This leads to blood backing up into the lungs causing shortness of breath. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Complicated: Pulmonary wedge pressure estimates left atrial pressure. Classically, isolated right heart failure implies that the left heart is normal. However, even in isolated right heart failure, the rv can dilate to the point were lv filling is impacted, and therefore, the pulmonary wedge pressure can increase. Lv-rv interactions can be complex. Also, left heart disease can cause rv failure. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Depends: Congestive heart failure or CHF can be from many things. Different types include systolic dysfxn wich means a weak heart. Usually from a virus, heart attack, or post partum.Diastolic dysfxn where the heart is stiff is usually due to hyer tension. High out put heart failure is when things such as hyperthyroidism or anemia . So your question is very broad and you need to narrow it down ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How does the vagus nerve relate to heart disease?
- How long after open heart surgery does it take the sternum to heal completely?
- How long does it take to recover from triple bypass heart surgery?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does it take for a heart contusion to heal?
- How long does end stage heart failure last?
- How does malnutrition lead to coronary heart disease?
- How does bmi affect the heart rate response to exercise?
- Talk to a cardiologist online