Doctor insights on:
How Does Obesity Affect Your Digestive System
The definition started with Louis Israel Dublin, chief statistician of the Metropolitan life insurance company, in the early 1940s, as a BMI >25 (definitely >30) for people in their 20's based on retrospective observational life insurance data of the age at which people died later in life. This was subsequently adopted by the medical disease industry. However, BMI is ...Read more
Yes. : But you can usually compensate.Get a more detailed answer ›
EoE: Food allergy, including peanut allergy, is associated with allergic gastrointestinal disorders, such as eosinophilic esophagitis (EoE). This is a less common complication from peanut ingestion but if you are having frequent issues with trouble swallowing, getting food stuck in throat, vomiting, uncontrolled heartburn/GERD then see an Gastroenterologist and Allergist for further workup/ evaluation. ...Read more
Hi, I'm doing a project on Kidney Stones. the question is, when you get Kidney Stones, how does it affect your digestive system?
They don't. : Being kidney stones stay within the urinary system (kidneys, ureters and bladder) they should have no direct effect on the digestive system. Indirectly, though, if you have stone that's stuck and causing severe pain, you could get something called "reactive ileus" wherein the GI tract contractions slow down precipitously. ...Read more
Shower: Not usually.Get a more detailed answer ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How does obesity affect the digestive system?
- How does caffeine affect your digestive system?
- How does stress affect your digestive system?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How does a peptic ulcer disease affect your digestive system?
- Does intense exercising affect your digestive system?
- How does crohns disease affect the digestive system?
- How does constipation affect the digestive system?
- Talk to a colorectal surgeon online for free