Doctor insights on:
How Does Noradrenaline Affect Cardiac Output
Cardiac output: is stroke volume times heart rate. if stroke volume goes down more than heart rate goes up, cardiac output won't increase. stroke volume depends on preload (filling of the heart), afterload (resistance to flow), and contractility (how much the heart pumps for how much it is filled. For instance, if the heart rate goes up but the the heart doesn't have time to fill, output won't increase. ...Read more
Low blood pressure: Cardiac output is related to the heart rate, and volume of blood the heart can pump with each heart beat. A low cardiac output occurs when the pump function of the heart is compromised by an event such as a heart attack or when the blood volume is reduced by and event such as dehydration, or bleeding. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Cardiac output: In strict physiologic terms, cardiac output is determined by something called stroke volume and heart rate. Heart rate is self-explanatory. Stroke volume is the amount of blood that the heart pumps out with each beat. This in turn is dependent on blood pressure, total blood volume, and how strong the heart contracts. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How does rest affect cardiac output?
- How does exercise affect the cardiac output?
- How could hyperthyroidism affect cardiac output?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How could vasoconstriction affect cardiac output?
- How could hypertension affect cardiac output?
- How does hypertension increase cardiac output?
- What are the factors that affect cardiac output?
- Talk to a cardiologist online