Doctor insights on:
How Does Noradrenaline Affect Cardiac Output
Exercise: In order to facilitate the increase in oxygen demand of the muscles during exercise, the heart rate and volume of blood per beat will go up. Cardiac output is the product of heart rate times stroke volume. Therefore cardiac output will increase with exercise. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Cardiac output: In strict physiologic terms, cardiac output is determined by something called stroke volume and heart rate. Heart rate is self-explanatory. Stroke volume is the amount of blood that the heart pumps out with each beat. This in turn is dependent on blood pressure, total blood volume, and how strong the heart contracts. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Can being a prior endurance athlete (but not currently trained) permanently affect cardiac output resulting in high numbers when all else is normal?
Athletic Heart: Interesting question! former athletes have been shown to have more left ventricular hypertrophy or thickened hearts that usually lessens with age and deconditioning. A thick heart can lead to poor heart filling by increased stiffness. A condition called diastolic dysfunction. This can lead to a type of congestive heart failure if it persists. Controlling hr and BP via meds can help. ...Read more
Venoconstriction?: Cardiac output is inversely proportional to total peripheral resistance (which is related to mean arterial pressure.) venoconstriction refers to the venous system and can't be measured. If venous return increases, preload increases, and by starling's law of the heart, cardiac output increases. However, severe venoconstriction could eventually diminish venous return and reduce co. Yes? ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How does exercise affect the cardiac output?
- How does rest affect cardiac output?
- How could hypertension affect cardiac output?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How do potassium levels affect cardiac output?
- How does hypertension increase cardiac output?
- How could hyperthyroidism affect cardiac output?
- How does a sports beverage affect urine output if consumed before exercise?
- Talk to a cardiologist online