Doctor insights on:
How Does My Immune System Fix Gastrointestinal Infection
Infections are invasions of some other organism (fungus, bacteria, parasite) or viruses into places where they do not belong. For instance, we have normal gut bacteria that live within us without causing problems; however, when those penetrate the bowel wall and enter the bloodstream, ...Read more
Can a moderate to severe bacterial and parasitic gastrointestinal infection for 8 + months cause permanent gastrointestinal damage?
Unlikely.: Advise consultation with gastroenterologist. The gut has remarkable regenerative capabilities ...Read more
Dear sir, which type of antibiotic is the best for gastrointestinal infection. Such as stomach, colon and intestinal.
It all depends: There is no simple or generic answer to this question. It is all about what is causing the symptoms. Is it bacterial? Parasite? Worms? Or other GI abnormalities or conditions? ...Read more
H pylori: Usually only affects the stomach lining and does not affect the immune system. ...Read more
Intriguing: We don't know how or why infection with nematodes minimizes the chance of developing autoimune diseases such as crohn's or ulcerative colitis. Preliminary research indicates an interacton between t-helper cells (part of immune system) and nematodes. More research is underway. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How does alcohol affect my immune system?
- How much does humira compromise my immune system?
- Does folic acid help my immune system?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How does ascorbic acid help the immune system?
- How does the hiv virus affect the immune system?
- How does vyvanse affect your immune system?
- How does hiv weaken the immune system?
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online