Doctor insights on:
How Does Morphine Work To Affect Neurotransmission Of The Brain
My dad has 2 grade4 brain tumours his been on high doses of morphine recently he is losing his memory didn't remember me today is this normal?
Sorry to hear this: If your dad does have high grade gliomas, these are tough to treat, and the tumors could be large enough to cause cognitive loss, but morphine possesses anticholinergic side effects and can cloud memory and other intellectual functions, and even cause delusions and hallucinations. Sometimes, some restoration can be achieved by using memory enhancing agents (donepezil, etc). ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Im 9 weeks pregnant and have migrains an a tumor in my brain is it ok to take low doses of morphine for my pain I have a tumor in my brain an have cafosis of the spine along with migraines
Can you tell me if morphine sulfate increases dopamine levels in the brain while decreasing serotonin levels 5-ht ?
Timing: There is more than one answer depending on timing. Opiates initially increase bothe Dopamine and serotonin levels. However, long term abuse can lead to lower than normal levels as you deplete the body's reservoirs of these neurotransmitters. It also makes a difference WHERE in the CNS you are trying to measusre these things. Most of the work has been done on mice and extrapolated to humans! ...Read more
Narcotics: Narcotics are not useful for shortness of breath unless pain is preventing a patient from taking a deep breath, such as upper abdominal pain or pain from multiple rib fractures. Epidural block or intercostal nerve blocks are more effective than narcotics for these conditions. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
15 old boy, severe headache nausea starting to convulse, morphine barely work, spinal tap negative, mono negative? What else should check for
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How does codeine work to affect neurotransmission of the brain?
- How does the brain work with other systems to keep the body healthy?
- How long does it take the pill to work out of your system?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does it take for a cavity to reach the pulp of a tooth?
- How long does it take to begin feeling the effects of prozac?
- How long does it take a hairline fracture of the spine to heal?
- How long does it take milk of magnesia to work?
- Talk to a neurologist online