Doctor insights on:
How Does Milk Of Magnesia Work
I feel constipated, but little strands are coming out. I've just taken some milk of magnesia. If it doesn't work, what should I do?
Don't strain: Whatever you do, do not strain as this can cause hemorrhoids. You feel constipated. In general you should have a bowel movement at least once a day. I would try at your age some basics like drinking more water, increasing fiber especially greens, and exercising. Mom is ok but you are forcing a bowel movement. If bowel movements continue to be a problem then see a gastroenterologist. ...Read more
Hello. I tried milk of magnesia magnesium citrate and castor oil and none same to work for fully and I was wondering what should I do next..
For constipation: take Senna. Senna is a very safe natural plant product with a wide dosage range. Start by taking 2 tablets at bedtime, if you do not have a comfortable bowel movement (BM) the next day, take 4 tablets the next night. You can continue to increase the dose by 2 tablets every night until it works. It is safe to continue the dose that works every night in order to have a comfortable BM daily. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does it take milk of magnesia to work?
- How long does milk of magnesia to work?
- How does milk of magnesia work for constipation?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How does milk of magnesia work as a laxative?
- How fast does milk of magnesia work?
- How long does it take to get milk of magnesia to work?
- How long does milk of magnesia last?
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online