Doctor insights on:
How Does Hypothyroidism Affect Pregnancy
Thyroid + Pregnancy: Due to increased hormone levels , a woman's need for thyroid replacement may go up. Careful monitoring in all trimesters is important . Untreated hypothyroidism in the mother during gestation is seriously problematic for the child. Even under treatment can hurt neurocognitive development. It may be hard to conceive or successfully get to term if untreated or undertreated. Consult your obgyn or gp. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Hypothyroidism is also known as Underactive thyroid. Level, which can cause fatigue increased sensitivity to cold constipation dry skin unexplained weight gain puffy face hoarseness muscle weakness elevated blood cholesterol level muscle aches, tenderness and stiffness pain, stiffness or swelling in your joints heavier than normal or irregular menstrual periods thinning hair slowed heart ...Read more
How does hypothyroidism affect pregnancy? My level is 6.2. Will it make morning sickness worse or trouble firing pregnancy?
I have hypothyroid.My dose was increased during ppregnancy i.E 100 mg.Before pregnancy i took 75 mg..Now wht should my dose shd?
The thyroid makes thyroid hormone, the main one is t4, which is converted in other tissues to t3. An underactive thyroid makes too little thyroid hormone. You feel sluggish, bloated, constipated, cold. It is treated by taking replacement hormone levothyroxine. The thyroid also makes calcitonin, which is involved in calcium metabolism, but it is a weak hormone in ...Read more
If you're pregnant or planning to get pregnant, there are many things you can do to give your baby a healthy start: Regular prenatal visits along with laboratory testing, ultrasounds, prenatal vitamins and immunizations (like the flu shot and whopping cough booster). Now's the time to eat healthy, stay hydrated, and ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How does an ovarian cyst affect a pregnancy test?
- How does pregnancy affect the mother who has alopecia areata?
- How does being hypothyroid affect the thymus gland?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How does chlorophyll affect hypothyroid?
- How does rheumatic fever affect pregnancy?
- How does malnutrition affect pregnancy?
- How does teenage pregnancy affect the physical development of the baby?
- Talk to a obstetrician and gynecologist online