Doctor insights on:
How Does Hepatitis Affect My Liver
Inflammation: The causes of hepatitis are several, but i'm assuming you mean to discuss viral hepatitis. By constantly causing inflammation to the liver, the liver eventually loses its ability to regenerate quickly, and starts to become fibrotic, and then cirrhotic, which decreases its function. Eventually, this may lead to the risk of liver cancer. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
This organ plays a major role in metabolism and has a number of functions in the body, including glycogen storage, decomposition of red blood cells, plasma protein synthesis, hormone production, and detoxification. It lies below the diaphragm in the abdominal-pelvic region of the abdomen. It produces bile, an alkaline compound which aids in digestion via the emulsification of ...Read more
How can I self examine myself to see if my liver is enlarged... I'm 19, and I'm scared I might have hepatitis ?
Not possible: Sorry, but there is an abdominal muscle reflex that makes it highly unlikely that you will be able to feel your own liver. I do applaud the effort, though. Hepatitis will cause liver damage. If symptomatic, you may notice yellowing of the skin and mucus membranes, abdominal pain and maybe water retention or poor blood clotting. A blood test is required for diagnosis. Good luck! ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Several: Are available such as lamivudine, helps era, etc. Depends on your viral load beset a hepatologist. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How does hepatitis affect the body?
- How does alcohol affect the liver?
- How does prevacid affect the liver?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How does cholesterol medication affect the liver?
- How does liver disease affect the body?
- How does liver disease affect quality of life?
- How does valium affect liver enzymes?
- Talk to a hepatologist online for free