Doctor insights on:
How Does Generic Tylenol Work Compared To Name Brand Tylenol
Generic acetaminophen rarely works for my headaches but name brand Tylenol always does. Why is this? I thought it was the exact same thing?
They should be: However the generic medicine manufactures are only held to a 70% purity when producing generic meds. Really with a generic med you are not getting the most pure form of the drug that is why it costs less aslo. Brand name tylenol is techiquely acetaminophen and it is 99% pure. In essence the brand tylenol will for the above reason will appear to be stronger. Hope that helps ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes: None of the generics were recalled, so any of them are perfectly safe to use. Be sure if you are using for a child, though, that you know the dose to give based on child's weight and how much is in each tsp of the formulation you actually have. ...Read more
Try alleve: Most over the counter meds will work for aches and pains but people respond differently to meds; so be careful and you need to see your doctor. ...Read more
Nonspecific: Too nonspecific. Unless you have liver dysfunction you can safely take up to 3000mg of Tylenol (acetaminophen) a day. If continues or you have neurologic changes, seek emergency help. Unlikely to be significant at your age unless other extenuating circumstances- genetic risk for aneurysm formation, drug use, etc. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Brand and generic names
- Morphine brand name and generic name
- Are generic drugs the same as name brand drugs?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Are generic versions of duloxetine as safe as the brand name drug?
- Is generic oxycontin a reliable substitute for the brand name drug?
- How long does it take for tylenol to work?
- How long does it take for tylenol to work on fever?
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free