Doctor insights on:
How Does Fasting Work Will Fasting Help Clear My Digestive System
Not really: Fasting will not clear your digestive system. It will empty at it's own rate. If you fast long enough it may empty somewhat but your metabolism will slow and eventually your body will begin to consume your muscular tissue for energy. ...Read more
Are there any med benefits to fasting from sunrise to sunset for 30 days? Digestive system gets a break? Can it act like a detox as well?
NO: There are no double blind randomized studies that this has any affect. Typical anectdotal undocumented holistic belief ...Read more
Check this out: Follow this link to learn more about the anatomy & physiology of the digestive tract (http://www.Dasilvainstitute.Com/gastrointestinal-anatomy-physiology) summary: the GI tract is a single cell barrier of protection between the outside world & the inside of our body. Immune cells are numerous here. It digests (breaksdown) foods, and absorbs the nutrients & water to enter our blood stream. ...Read more
Absorbs Nutrients: That's a very complicated question and there is not an easy answer. The body breaks down the food you eat to its component parts and then absorbs that to create energy. You can find a lot of information at your local library or on the internet. ...Read more
Why ???: Question doesn't make senseGet a more detailed answer ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How does the digestive system work with other systems?
- How does the respiratory system work with the digestive system?
- How does the digestive system work with the immune system?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How does the excretory system work with digestive system in the body?
- How does the digestive system work with the lymphatic system?
- How does the digestive system work with the cardiovascular system?
- Does fasting help to clear your arteries?
- Talk to a colorectal surgeon online for free