Doctor insights on:
How Does Estrogen Work To Prevent Fertilization In Contraceptive Pills
What contraceptive pills are high in estrogen and what pills are low in estrogen as i'm looking for a low dose due to side effects please?
Check labels: Most available on the market. Just tell your prescribing doctor you would prefer to the lowest available dose. The lowest dose brand is called lo lo estrin. ...Read more
Do the birth-control pills prevent fertilization or they just prevent the fertilized egg to attach to the uterus?
Multi - ways: Birth control pills work in many ways depending on the type (ie Progesterone only or combination pills). The main function is to stop ovulation from occurring. If no egg is released then there is no egg to fertilize. If this fails and an egg is made and released - the secondary defense is thinning the lining to prevent embryos from implanting. They also effect cervical mucus. ...Read more
Less side effect: Some drs. Believe that despite "low estrogen" dosis is suppose to reduce the risk of side effects but also augments the number of ovulations. All birth control pills, patches, rings, injections produce the changes of a pregnancy in a woman but the majority of the time without a baby & still c a minimal chance of conceiving but aborting when the fetus can not get attached to the uterine lining. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
If I get nauseas and headaches on my birth control pills dos that mean I need more or less estrogen?
Difficult pharmacogn: Sometimes the dose-response relationship for hormones is not linear but complex - such as a horseshoe-shape, where side effects are associated with low and high doses, but not optimum doses. So no generalization for you is helpful, unfortunately. Dose titration experi-ments with your doctor's help should be able to clarify this. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How does the emergency contraceptive or morning after pill work in the body?
- How does the morning after pill work in the body?
- How long does is take syphilis to be seen in the blood work?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- When you are in pain how long does it take mobic to work
- How well does emergency contraception work to prevent pregnancy?
- How do birth control pills work to prevent pregnancy?
- How long does it take the pill to work?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free