Doctor insights on:
How Does Dulcolax Suppositories Work
Effect right away: Effect kicks in right away, but in order to reach peak it will take 4-8 hours after single dose; assuming this is vaginal supp. ...Read more
Quick: Usually less than 30 minutes.Get a more detailed answer ›
3-6 hours: They work fairly quickly. Be careful.Get a more detailed answer ›
12 to 72 hours: Docusate (per pdr) helps moisten & soften hard, dry stools. It is not true laxative, but facilitates natural defecation, usually within 12 to 72 hours. This works best for occasional constipation, & assumes normal GI anatomy without inflammation, stenosis, extrinsic or instrinsic obstruction. Change in bowels is considered a "red flag", like weight loss or blood in stool, that if persists see doc. ...Read more
About 10-20 minutes: It may take about 10-20 minutes for it to start working. ...Read more
Senokot (senna): If you took 2 tablets and drank plenty of water, i would expect results within 12-36 hours. ...Read more
one hour: Peak blood levels occur one hour after use. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How does a suppository work?
- How soon does dulcolax work?
- How fast does dulcolax work?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How fast does a suppository work?
- How fast does dulcolax laxative work?
- How does dulcolax stool softener work?
- How long does it take dulcolax to work?
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free