Doctor insights on:
How Does Drugs And Alcohol Affect The Reaction Time
Alcoholism: Refer to the diagram!Get a more detailed answer ›
Drugs & alcohol: Drugs and alcohol are quite freely available, and combining them can be very dangerous as dr. Amawi says. Not everyone uses alcohol to excess, but some do. Also, not everyone abuses drugs. In terms of the effects these create in our lives, drug and alcohol abuse are both personal and social problems, . Yet each of us has personal responsibility for what we do with and about them. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Can be hard: Probably the best way is to commit to, and keep working on, your program. If you're in a 12 step program, excellent. You can get a sponsor and work your steps. People who abuse drugs & alcohol often hurt people close to them, and those people can be self-protective. It can be hard for you to be patient, but they probably need time to observe what you do. As the saying goes, "easy does it.". ...Read more
1 reason for change.: Homework assignment? Will discuss 1 reason. When a person develops more & more of a singular focus, it excludes other things from their life. They may not have time for family or friends. They may miss work or church, family outings etc., because they are either using, trying to get the subtance to abuse or recovering from substance use. This means that other people & things loss importance. ...Read more
Not really.: Once the brain tissue has been damaged by drugs, it is unfortunately lost for good. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Does alcohol affect drug tests?
- How does both drug and alcohol abuse affect workplace health and safety?
- How does alcohol affect people?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How does alcohol affect the brain?
- How does alcohol affect the lungs?
- How does alcohol affect a diabetic?
- Alcohol effect on reaction time
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free