How does diabetes affect the respiratory system - Doctor answers
Surfactant deficienc: One of the final stages in lung maturity is the production of a soapy material called surfactant it lines the inside of air sacs & prevents the sacs from deflating after air breathing starts. Infants that are not making enough surfactant to keep air sacs open so many will deflate leading to distress. Infants of diabetics often have delayed surfactant production & may have rds even at 40 wks. ...Read more
Ebola Virus: A person with Ebola infection may develop cough, chest pain, hemoptysis (coughing up blood), respiratory distress as well as Interstitial pneumonia and pulmonary edema with attempts to hydrate. Shock with capillary leakage, seizures, coma & respiratory distress herald death. ...Read more
Congestion: By affecting the flow and pressures inside the lungs, congestion of the lungs could happen causing respiratory difficulty. ...Read more
I am not afraid or nervous my respiratory system doesn't wake up when I am speaking publicly. Why?
Please clarify: I am sorry but I don't understand your question. Please consider re-submitting with clarification. ...Read more
Isolators: As above. You can also use facemask. ...Read more
Yes and no: Many people live in dusty conditions (mild) for considerable time with no apparent distress. Others may develop mild to severe allergies. Dust contains many microscopic things one of which is dust mites. People can be severely allergic to these and require a lot of treatment. The best thing to do is dust mitigation. Look up on the internet how to reduce home dust problems or see you doctor. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor online
- How does the flu affect the respiratory system?
- How does emphysema affect the respiratory system?
- How does the common cold affect the respiratory system?
- How does tuberculosis affect the respiratory system?
- How does bronchitis affect the respiratory system?
- How does asthma affect the respiratory system?
- How does the respiratory system affect the nervous system?
- How does alcohol affect the respiratory system?
- How does down syndrome affect the respiratory system?