Doctor insights on:
How Does Coronary Heart Disease Affect The Respiratory System
Coronary artery disease is the leading cause of death and disability in adults in the U.S. It develops when lipid (fatty) plaques builds up in the arteries. Eventually, the plaque can occlude the artery, thereby stopping blood flow to the organ supplied by that artery. If the artery supplies the heart, blockage causes a heart attack. If the blockage is in a brain vessel, the ...Read more
My new job requires being sprayed with pepper spray. Is this safe for someone with triple coronary heart disease and respiratory problems?
Variable: Some folks may have palpitations, arrhythmia s including atrial fibrillation, pvcs, and slow- bradycardias or complete heart block. With an acute event ventricular tachycardia.And/ or ventricular fibrillation may occur and cause death. Many persons with CAD do not have pulse symptoms. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
It doesn't : Affect BP readings.Get a more detailed answer ›
Many things: Many things contribute; some modifiable, others not. Things you can't change include family history, gender, genetics (although you can test for the latter). Things you can change or at least affect: smoking (stop!), exercise, diet, cholesterol & other biomarkers, diabetes/prediabetes/insulin resistance, blood pressure, inflammation. These things damage vessel walls & lead to plaque formation/chd. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Heart disease is a condition in which a person has problems with his heart, which includes both birth defects and problems acquired later. Examples of heart disease include clogging of the coronary (heart) arteries, heart attacks, leaky heart valves, heart failure, viral infections ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How does heart disease affect the respiratory system?
- How heart disease affect the respiratory system?
- How does heart disease affect the circulatory system?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How does alcohol affect the respiratory system?
- How does the respiratory system affect the nervous system?
- How does asthma affect the respiratory system?
- How does kidney disease actually affect the immune system?
- Talk to a cardiologist online