Doctor insights on:
How Does Conjunctivitis Usually Progress
Conjunctivitis: Typical pinkeye, or conjunctivitis, in adults lasts for 2-4 weeks. During this time, the eye may be red, puffy, uncomfortable, and very watery. Both eyes may be involved, and the vision may blur. Use artificial tears and cold compresses for some relief. Do not rub the eyes, and wash everything you touch with lysol wipes, since this condition is highly contagious from contact. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Some: Conjunctivitis is due to an infection mostly viral of the lining of the eye (the conjunctiva) which overlies the white of the eye. It can cause irritation, redness, discharge and pain if the condition is more severe. Vision may be mildly disturbed. If you are too uncomfortable or the vision is dropping, then see your ophthalmologist for treatment. ...Read more
Nope. Infections do.: Your eye redness and irritation is likely the result of contact lens overwear. Poor contact lens care (i.e. Dirty hands, wearing contacts too long) can cause serious, vision threatening corneal infections. Though many users get away with sloppy care, contact lens related infections are one of the most frequent reasons people come to my office with painful red eyes. ...Read more
Conjunctivitis: Inflammation of the coonjunctival tissues that covers the whites of the eyes and under the lids, due to allergy, infection or toxic effect of medicines/ chemicals. Conjunctiva become swollen and red. Patients experience burning, blurred vision, tearing, redness, puffy eyelids, discharge, itching, pain depending on the cause. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Depends: There are a lot of different types of conjunctivitis. Viral conjunctivitis needs time. Allergic conjunctivitis can be treated with allergy drops. Bacterial conjunctivitis needs antibiotic drops. There are other reasons why your eye can be red that are more serious. Best to be checked by an eye md. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does breakthrough bleeding usually last?
- How long does it usually take to heal tendonitis in the shoulder?
- How long does skin fungus usually last?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does indigestion usually last?
- How long does an eye strain usually last?
- How long does it usually take to get back a hair follicle test result?
- How long after orthoscopic meniscus surgery does the swelling usually go down?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free