Doctor insights on:
How Does Caffeine Affect Your Digestive Health
Nothing: Zip, nada.Get a more detailed answer ›
See below: Yes, usually it does. The degree of effect depends on previous use of caffeine, genetics, among other factors. Caffeine is a stimulant and should be avoided prior to bedtime. Please consult your doctor for specific details if you are having symptoms in regards to caffeine consumption. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Probable: Nearly anything taken in excess is not good for our health. However i believe you are asking whether a heavy coffee-drinker may have problem with concentration. I don't believe this has been studied yet but if you are getting too much stimulants, it is not far-fetched to expect some adverse effects on your concentration. ...Read more
Depends on amount: Caffeine is a stimulant. Small amounts can improve alertness and motor function. High doses can cause tremors and excessive movements. Different people have different reactions. Usual coffee contains 120mg per cup. A large starbucks can have 320mg. A large cola has 80mg but energy drinks can have 250mg. Be careful how much you are taking. ...Read more
How does caffeine affect cognition? Does it actually speed up thought or simply create an illusion that it enhances/speeds up thought?
Caffeine: Caffeine can speed up thinking processes a bit, and improve declarative memory (such as memorizing lists). But it doesn't help when it comes to creative energy -- thinking beyond basic tasks. Caffeine only increases the output and quality of your work if the work you're doing doesn't require nuanced or abstract thinking. In the process it makes you more vulnerable to stress. Hmmmm . . ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How does caffeine affect your digestive system?
- How does sudafed affect your ear health?
- How does a peptic ulcer disease affect your digestive system?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How does mental health affect your attitude in some instances?
- How does obesity affect your digestive system?
- How does flying affect your ear health can flying permanently affect your ears?
- How does stress affect your digestive system?
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free