Doctor insights on:
How Does An Enlarged Thyroid Affect Fertility
Goiter: It means the gland is larger than normal. The most common cause of goiter worldwide is a lack of iodine in the diet. In the United States, where most people use iodized salt, goiter is more often due to the over- or underproduction of thyroid hormones or to nodules that develop in the gland itself. ...Read more
I have what appears to be an enlarged thyroid. I've been taking Claritin for months; just doubled testosterone to 800 - could either affect thyroid?
Thyroid Cyst: I doubt this. But, given the prevalence of thyroid cancers and other neck abnormalities i would advise you not to leave this alone, but to get to the doctor and have this examined and tested as appropriate. ...Read more
Usually none!: Usually a sign of both hypothyroidism, or grave's disease, which causes overactivity. However, both thyroid nodules and malignacy can do this. You need some blood tests, and ultrasound of your thyroid, and perhaps a thyroid biopsy, if indicated. Women are more prone to goiters, usually caused by autoimmune issues! ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes, its possible: As a matter of fact, most goiter presentations here in the US occur in the absence of thyroid symptoms! The enlargement usually is due to multi-nodular goiter (MNG), early stages of Hashimoto's or Graves' disease (the latter is the most likely to present with symptoms). ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How does the thyroid affect male fertility?
- How does low thyroid affect fertility?
- How does thyroid affect fertility?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What does an enlarged abnormal thyroid gland look like?
- What does an enlarged thyroid look like?
- Does an underactive thyroid affect your vision?
- How does chlorine affect the thyroid?
- Talk to a reproductive endocrinologist online for free