Doctor insights on:
How Does Alcohol Affect The Blood Vessels
Raises it, usually: Acutely, like in alcohol poisoning it can lower your blood pressure to shock levels- in fact many alcohol ods die of shock. Chronically, in heavier drinkers (3/day on average or more), it elevates blood pressure, and in fact is a cause of secondary hypertension. For the most part, people with elevated BP should drink very much in moderation, if at all. I ask my pt's to keep it to special occasion. ...Read more
ACH effect on BV: M3 muscarinic ach receptors are located in smooth muscles of blood vessels. Because they're gq-coupled & mediate increase in intracellular calcium, they typically cause contraction of smooth muscle (as in bronchi). But activation of m3 on vascular endothelial cells causes increased synthesis of nitric oxide, which diffuses to adjacent vascular smooth muscle cells and causes their relaxation. ...Read more
I feel like everyone's reading my mind. I don't like being around others, it feels really awkward. I think I have lost blood vessels inside my head.
See a Counselor: See a counselor to be evaluated and be taught coping strategies before it becomes a permanent condition. ...Read more
Yes and no.: If your blood vessels are constricted you may feel cold. There are no diseases of the blood vessels not dilating properly. Blood vessels dilate or contract in response to chemicals in the blood stream, systemic conditions and local environmental factors. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How does alcohol affect blood pressure?
- How much does alcohol affect blood pressure?
- How does alcohol affect blood ph?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Does alcohol constrict blood vessels?
- How does alcohol affect people?
- How does alcohol affect the liver?
- How does alcohol affect the brain?
- How does chocolate affect the blood vessels circulation?