Doctor insights on:
How Does Alcohol Affect Learning And Memory
Yes -- negatively!: Your body metabolizes alcohol immediately, often at the expense of other, much more vital metabolic processes (like maintaining adequate blood sugar levels). Over time, heavy drinkers can therefore become diabetic. Alcohol also irritates your GI tract and damage your body's ability to absorb nutrients, vitamins, and minerals from your food, which will have a negative impact on your metabolism. ...Read more
Can trigger rosacea: Excessive alcohol intake can cause the skin to look sallow and less healthy. Chronic alcohol use can prematurely age the skin. It can also exacerbate underlying skin problems. Rosacea is a skin condition in which flushing and redness can be triggered by alcohol. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Gain usually: Alcohol is broken down into carbohydrates - with little to no true nutritional value- ie: not a fat or protein, or fruit or vegetable with vitamins. While a small glass of alcohol daily has shown benefit with the mediterranean diet, more than that daily is just extra calories. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Alcohol dental healt: Alcohol impairs white blood cells from protecting the gums and causes 50% more rate of periodontal infections, compared to non drinkers. Also, heavy drinkers do not have healthy diet, neither a healthy life style, all come into play, causing much more general health hazards than just dental problems. But dental problems in turn trigger more risk of heart attacks and shortenned life. Vicious cycle. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How does both drug and alcohol abuse affect workplace health and safety?
- How does alcohol affect the mind and body?
- What is alcohol and how does it affect the body?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How does valium and alcohol affect sperm?
- How does alcohol affect the respiratory system?
- How does alcohol affect someone who has aortic valve stenosis?
- How does drinking alcohol affect somebody with aspergers syndrome?
- How does alcohol and tobacco affect your circulatory system?