Doctor insights on:
How Does Addiction Of Underage Drinking Affect Teens
Addiction is a primary, chronic disease of brain reward, motivation, memory, and related circuitry. Dysfunction in these circuits leads to characteristic biological, psychological, social and spiritual manifestations. This is reflected in an individual pathologically pursuing reward and/or relief by substance use and other behaviors. A person affected by addiction will be unable to consistently Abstain from use, will have Impaired Behavioral control, will have Craving or increased "hunger" for drugs or rewarding experiences, will have a Dysfunctional Emotional response, and will show diminished recognition of significant problems with their own ...Read more
Best way to break an addiction to pop... I want to loose weight but i can't stop drinking pop... I drink about 2 cans a day?
Possibly.: Caffeine can be addictive. Getting free of the addiction is easier if you replace it with something healthy that increases heart rate and circulation and causes endorphins to be secreted (they make you feel good). My recommendation is to do aerobic exercise (with your physician's approval only) which will accomplish all of the above. It will also make you much healthier than caffiene! ...Read more
How much: The addiction is based on how much one drinks. A Problem with drinking depends on other factors, such as causing you trouble, needing more of it to get drunk, and drinking when it is not in your best interests. Another factor is if your drinking causes others to worry about your safety or well being. Talk to your doctor about this. Some genes are involved, but the addictiveness is about how much ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Questions for teens about underage drinking and smoking
- How does exercise addiction affect the family?
- How does social drinking affect pregnant women?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How does drinking alcohol affect your health?
- Effects of drinking while pregnant
- How does drinking affect your body?
- How does drinking beer affect an overload of iron?
- Talk to a pediatrician online