Doctor insights on:
How Does A Suppository Work
A suppository is a drug delivery system that is inserted into the rectum (rectal suppository), vagina (vaginal suppository) or urethra (urethral suppository), where it dissolves or melts. They are used to deliver both systemically-acting and locally-acting medications. The alternative term for delivery of medicine via such ...Read more
About 10-20 minutes: It may take about 10-20 minutes for it to start working. ...Read more
Effect right away: Effect kicks in right away, but in order to reach peak it will take 4-8 hours after single dose; assuming this is vaginal supp. ...Read more
Depends: On why you are using it. If you are constipated and it doesn't help you poop, then try drinking more water and increasing p-fruits...Peach, pear plum, pineapple, papaya. Peas, pumpkin, pomegranate...If you are severely constipated, ask your doctor about other methods....Increased fiber can help, MiraLAX can help, etc. You may need guidance for best results. ...Read more
After no BMs in 7 days, is it safe to use ClearLax in the same day as a glycerine suppository? The suppository didn't work.
I feeling constipated and i just took three suppositorys . What else will help me if this does not work ?
Water: Please drink three liters of water over the next hour. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How does a suppository laxative work?
- How long does it take a stool softener to work?
- How long does it take for a suppository to relieve constipation?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does pantoprazole take to work on a stomach ulcer?
- How long does it take for vitamin a to work?
- How does dulcolax suppositories work?
- How does a vaginal ring work?
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free