Doctor insights on:
How Does A Splenectomy Affect My Red Blood Cells
Different ways: The spleen is an organ that helps with some types of infection from encapsulated organisms, platelets, and it also removes old worn out red blood cells. You would not likely know of any side effect on your red blood cells, and your blood tests for your red blood cells are likely to be normal. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I went for live blood analysis nd my red blood cells were "sticky" cause i consume a lot of sugar in my diet will this affect my fertility in any way?
Health Fraud: You have been the victim of a vicious, cruel health fraud. The operator (who may be self-deceived) shows you your own blood under phase-contrast microscopy. The variables of temperature and individuality affect cell movement and plasma differently, protein precipitates' brownian movement mimics microbes, and they'll try to frighten you. Contact your local prosecuting attorney. ...Read more
Multiple reasons: Macrocytosis (larger than normal red blood cells) can have multiple causes including: vitamin b-12/folate deficiency, myelodysplastic syndromes, aplastic anemia, alcoholism, leukemia, vitamin c deficiency, vitamin e deficiency, certain medications (chemotherapy), chronic infections, genetic disorders, liver disease, splenectomy, thyroid disorders, hemorrhage, hemolytic anemia, malaria. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Doctor my anemia is due to red blood cells destruction & any iron pills not affected in my case so what can I do to increase the number & size of this?
Depends...: Anemia due due red cell destruction does not improve with iron. If cause is immune system, prednisone may help. If cause is abnormal shape of RBCs, then SEVERE cases may benefit from splenectomy. Your hematologist is best positioned to advise you. If you have thalassemia (causes small RBCs) folic acid helps a little, but there is no fundamentally effective treatment. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Does a high salt diet affect red blood cells?
- How can a low red blood cell count affect exercising?
- What does a high red and white blood cell count mean?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How can i get rit of a lipoma and how does affect it to my health?
- How will having a blood clot disorder affect my baby when pregnant?
- What does a high red blood cell count mean?
- How does gastroparesis affect my blood sugar?
- Talk to a hematologist online for free