Doctor insights on:
How Do You Treat Lead Poisoning
See a specialist: The first thing to do is to make sure that you find the source of the lead so that you can stop the exposure. Next you need to see a doctor that knows how to treat this kind of condition. It may just take watchful waiting or you may need to go through a treatment called chelation. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
usually done at 1 year routinely.gives us the level of lead the child is exposed to ..if greater than5 microgram/deciliter can cause silent ireversable brain damage if left untreatec lead is is a heavy metal can damage other body tissues lead is quite commonly seen i many everyday things surrounding ...Read more
It depends.: This depends on how much exposure to lead there was. Damage/effects to kidneys and blood are reversible, but effects on the central nervous system are not. If a person has lead encephalopathy when chelation therapy is started, permanent brain damage, like cerebral palsey is a frequent consequence. Cancer, stroke, heart disease, hypertension, psychiatric effects, and shorter life span also occur. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Look here: http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/lead-poisoning/fl00068/dsection=treatments-and-drugs.Get a more detailed answer ›
Not Much early on: I'm not sure if you are asking about yourself or your young child. The symptoms are fatigue, poor concentration, nausea, muscle aches, and seizures at high levels. Get your family tested asap. Treatments vary according to levels, but the emerging thinking is that the only safe level of lead is zero. ...Read more
Many possibilities. : Lead was used as an additive to paints used in home building years ago & the inhalation of paint dust during renovations, or kids chewing on cribs painted with lead paint provided some. Exposure to clothes of someone working in around lead (battery reclamation) or that from lead paint on decorative dishes were also common. Removal of lead from many of these products has reduced public risk. ...Read more
Lead in environment: Sources of lead include old paint (babies chewing on windowsills); soil near a highway; pottery with lead based glaze (usually imported); and some toys have been found to have lead based paint (again- imported. Lead based paint is no longer used in the US. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
M.D. visit: Lead is an environmental toxin and measurements of high levels in the bloodstream require treatment. Avoiding the source of lead, having your home and water supply inspected for possibly sources may be completed by the health department. Please check with your doctor for treatment recommendations based on the level in your bloodstream. I hope this helps. ...Read more
Toxic ingestion (also called "poisoning") is a condition in which a person has eaten or drank a substance that causes ill symptoms or damage to his body. Taking an overdose of a medicine, taking any dose of a poison, drinking too much vodka, or accidentally drinking antifreeze . . . are all ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How do you get lead poisoning?
- How do you know if you have food poisoning?
- How do you know if you have salmonella poisoning?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How do you get rid of sun poisoning?
- How do you know if you have blood poisoning?
- How do you treat chafing?
- How do you treat impetigo?
- Talk to a pediatrician online