Doctor insights on:
How Do You Test For An Std
If I went to the hospital because I was very ill without knowing the cause and they did blood work would they usually test for an std?
Not necessarily: This depends on the clinical picture of "very ill" The most pertinent information regarding std's is carried out with a pelvic exam. Don't forget that your medical record is YOUR record. You can get a copy of this from the hospital with a request. If you have symptoms persisting, then I would followup as an outpatient with a visit to address them. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
STD is also known as Sexually transmitted disease. This is a disease which can be transmitted from one person to another person through sexually related activities. This does not limit these activities to heterosexual intercourse, but encompasses all modalities of human-to-human sexual activity. It does not include illnesses that may make an individual more susceptible to a condition because of a sexual ...Read more
6 weeks is better: Gonorrhea and chlamydia tests are valid any time more than 3-3 days after the last exposure, and negative results at 4 weeks will show you weren't infected. Same for certain vaginal infections, e.g. trichomonas. However, most other STDs require blood tests for diagnosis (e.g., syphilis, HIV, hepatitis B). Four weeks is pretty good, but they can take 6 weeks. Consider waiting another two weeks. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How often do you have to get tested for an std if your partner refuses treatment?
- How do you pass a oral swab drug test for marijuana?
- How do you beat an etg hair alcohol test?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long do you have to fast for a hemoglobin a1c test?
- How long do you need braces for an overbite?
- How long do you wait for a pregnancy test result?
- How long do you wait to get tested for stds?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free