Doctor insights on:
How Do You Tell The Difference Between A Sprain Or A Break
Yes you can: In x-rays, a break will generally show as an interruption in the cortex of the bone, with displacement or not. A sprain generally indicates an injury to soft tissues such as ligaments, fascia or tendon, which does not show up on x-ray. Occasionally, a severe sprain may be associated with an avulsion fracture where a ligament actually pulls at its attachment to bone and "avulses". ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Twist = Sprain: In most cases people tend to use the terms "sprained" and "twisted" synonomously when describing ankle injuries. However, it is important to point out that in most cases a sprain (ligament damage) usually comes from a twisting mechanism (also known as inversion or eversion) of the ankle. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
By X-ray: Have an x-ray done.Get a more detailed answer ›
Xray: Unfortunately you can't know for sure without getting an xray done. See a doctor if you have pain after an injury. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
What's the best way to tell the difference between an intercostal tear/sprain and a minor spleen rupture?
Need to see a doctor: for a more detailed history, physical exam and possible testing, Do not try to self diagnose. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Finger Fracture: An x-ray and examination by an orthopedic physician is the best and most accurate way to determine this. He/she will be able to determine the appropriate course of treatment and return to activity guidelines. Hope this helps and best of luck! ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Muscle vs ligament: There are no muscles in the ankle joint/apparatus. There are only ligaments and tendons immediately around the ankle. Ligaments and tendons can tear partially or completely rupture. A "sprain" refers to ligament or a tendon injury, and a "strain" refers to a muscle ingury. Regarding the ankle: considering what i stated above, there is no strain, only sprain. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How do you tell the difference between a wisdom tooth or dental abscess?
- How do you know the difference between a sprained or fractured ankle?
- How do you tell the difference between a pineal tumor and a pineal cyst?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How could i tell the difference between a sprained and broken finger?
- How can you tell the difference between a stress fracture and tendonitis?
- How can you tell the difference between a kidney and bladder infection?
- How can you tell the difference between dehydration and a stomach virus?
- Talk to a orthopedic surgeon online for free