Doctor insights on:
How Do You Tell The Difference Between A Sprain Or A Break
Yes you can: In x-rays, a break will generally show as an interruption in the cortex of the bone, with displacement or not. A sprain generally indicates an injury to soft tissues such as ligaments, fascia or tendon, which does not show up on x-ray. Occasionally, a severe sprain may be associated with an avulsion fracture where a ligament actually pulls at its attachment to bone and "avulses". ...Read more
See 2 more doctor answers
Twist = Sprain: In most cases people tend to use the terms "sprained" and "twisted" synonomously when describing ankle injuries. However, it is important to point out that in most cases a sprain (ligament damage) usually comes from a twisting mechanism (also known as inversion or eversion) of the ankle. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Xray: Unfortunately you can't know for sure without getting an xray done. See a doctor if you have pain after an injury. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
By X-ray: Have an x-ray done. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
What's the best way to tell the difference between an intercostal tear/sprain and a minor spleen rupture?
Need to see a doctor: for a more detailed history, physical exam and possible testing, Do not try to self diagnose. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How do you tell the difference between a wisdom tooth or dental abscess?
- How do you know the difference between a sprained or fractured ankle?
- How do you tell the difference between a pineal tumor and a pineal cyst?
- How do you tell the difference between a canker sore and oral cancer?
- How do you tell the difference between a drug overdose from suicide attempt?
- How could i tell the difference between a sprained and broken finger?
- How can you tell the difference between a stress fracture and tendonitis?
- How can you tell the difference between a kidney and bladder infection?
- Talk to a orthopedic surgeon online for free