Doctor insights on:
How Do You Tell If Your Finger Is Broken Or Jammed
How can you tell if finger is broken or jammed. Index finger is quite swollen down into knuckle on hand. Can move it?
X-ray: The only real way to tell is with an x-ray. If you had a traumatic episode (ie falling on it) then it would also point to more of a fracture. If you had no injury to your finger and the finger is also swollen, then you may need to be evaluated for an infection if you have any open sores on the finger. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
X-rays: If you recently sustained trauma to your finger and there is any cause for concern that it might be broken, have a hand surgeon examine the finger and obtain plain film radiographs. Most broken fingers are swollen, painful to move and will have x-ray findings of a fracture.Frac. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
See below: These symptoms could be serious and need to be thoroughly evaluated by your doctor. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How do you tell if your collarbone or clavicle is broken?
- How do you know if your pinky finger is broken?
- How to tell if a finger is broken or jammed?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How can you tell if your finger is broken?
- How to tell if your finger is broken or fractured?
- How can you tell if your foot is broken or sprained?
- How do you know if your finger is broken?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free