Doctor insights on:
How Do You Splint A Broken Hand
It depends: Splinting of the hand is a lot more complex than you might imagine. Different fractures require different types of splinting. Some fractures require surgery. If you splint a particular fracture in the wrong manner it can actually make the deformity worse. It is best to see a hand surgeon to determine the best type of splinting necessary. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I have had a broken hand taken out of a cast and put in a splint how long till I can do heavy lifting again?
It depends: This is highly dependent on the type of fracture you had, location of the fracture and how long it had been in a cast. Most fractures are healed in 6-8 weeks, but the final decision should be made by the person most familiar with your particular situation. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Please let: Your doctor know promptly.Get a more detailed answer ›
hand fracture 2weeks ago(4th metatarsal closed initial).ER ortho put a splint 2 wear 4-6 week.I went 2 a walkin clinic 4 swelling.My finger is crooked
Depends on: The break. If the fracture is in good alignment it may be treated by casting. If it is poorly aligned it may require manipulation then casting. If unable to align the bones with manipulation or if the fracture is unstable it may require surgery to pin or plate the fracture. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Depends on fracture: Depends on fracture. Treatment can be anywhere from taping; to closed reduction and putting in a splint; to surgery with internal fixation. The treatment options should be discussed with your surgeon. And fyi, there are orthopedic surgeons who just do hand surgery if you are looking for an appropriate physician for consultation and treatment. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How could you splint a broken pinky finger?
- How long do you have wait to have sex after a broken hip?
- How do you speed up healing a broken wrist?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How do you help heal a broken toe?
- How long can you get pain killers with a broken hand?
- Painful how do you know if a right pinky toe is broken or just bruised
- What could you do to help a swollen and broken hand?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free