Doctor insights on:
Soothing Bone Chips After Dental Surgery
Bone is a living growing tissue made mostly of collagen (protein that provides soft framework) & the mineral calcium phosphate that adds strength & hardens the framework. Two types of bone are found in the body; cortical (dense compact outer layer) & trabecular (makes up inner layer, ...Read more
Better to use inhaler or nebulizer following oral Surgery to remove 2 teeth with a bone graft? Read and drinking staws causes clot issue?
Clot issues: The connection of drinking with straws and clot issues is the early loss of clot from extraction site resulting in exposed bone which can become a dry socket. Several other precautions are not rinsing or swishing, no hot liquids, and spitting. All can dislodge clot. No smoking! You can talk to your surgeon about your medication. The surgery is simple and with few cautions, you heal fine. ...Read more
Sleep like a baby: If afraid or procedure is difficult general anesthesia is best. No eating or drinking at least 5 hours before procedure.Also someone must drive you and take you home after you wake up since you will be drowsy. You will feel no pain.During procedure. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
ALL: Technically all dentists perform surgery as surgery is defined as manipulation of a patients body which frequently involves cutting. Whenever a dentist "fills" a cavity he is cutting on part of your body- your tooth. If you are talking about oral surgery or pulling teeth, all dentists are trained in it, just to different degrees. Some chose to do it and some dont. An oral surgeon is the most. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long do you have weakness after open heart surgery?
- How do you prevent blood clots after surgery for cancer?
- How do you get rid of gas after surgery?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How much water do you need after gastric bypass surgery?
- How long do you sleep after lasik surgery?
- How fast do you lose weight after lap band surgery?
- Numbness after dental surgery
- Talk to a dentist online for free