Doctor insights on:
How Do You Relieve Lower Back Pain
Low back pain is pain that occurs in the back above the buttock area and below the ribs. Low back pain can be sharp, dull, intermittent or constant. Pain can be at rest or associated with activity. Back pain can also be accompanied with pain that shoots or radiates down into the lower extremities or legs which is frequently ...Read more
Most of back pain: Can get better if you stay active, avoid positions and activities that may increase or cause back pain.Hen you no longer have acute pain, you may be ready for gentle strengthening exercises for your stomach, back, and legs, and perhaps for some stretching exercises. Exercise may not only help decrease low back pain, but it may also help you recover faster, prevent prevent reinjury to your back. ...Read more
Low back pain: Staying fit is usually very helpful. If you are overweight, lose weight. Start regular exercises and stay active. Avoid prolonged sitting (follow a rule of 10/10 - standup for at least 10 sec every 10 min). Back muscles when toned up, are very helpful to the spine. Swimming regularly provides a low impact very effective exercise. ...Read more
Home remedy: Avoid heavy lifting, stooping, and strenuous activities but continue normal daily activity. It's important not to sit and lay around all day. Heat or ice can help as well as Ibuprofen and tylenol (acetaminophen). If pain persists for more than 1 month, you need to go see your doctor. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How to relieve severe lower back pain?
- Exercise to relieve lower back pain
- How can i relieve the pain in my lower back or lumbago?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What can you do for lower back pain?
- How do you relieve pain from implantable cardioverter defibrillator surgery?
- How do you relieve stomach pain when you are on coumadin?
- How to relieve period back pain?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free