Doctor insights on:
How Do You Prevent Thymoma From Reoccurrence
Thymoma is a type of cancer where the uncontrolled growth of thymus cells may cause compress the nearby lung or esophagus causing cough, shortness of breath, difficulty swallowing, and chest pain. Thymomas are also associated with diseases where the immune system targets ...Read more
May be none: Up to half of people can have no symptoms. It can be found by accident when a chest film or ct scan is performed and a mass is found.Since it is the middle of the chest and if it grows large it can cause compression symptoms such as trouble swallowing or chest pain. It is looked for with certain diseases: myathenia gravis and can be associated with connective tissue and autoimmune diseases. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Lab, imaging and bio: Ct imaging can help the environment, both location and size. Blood tests are used to help clarify its presence, and look for associations with myasthenia gravis. Testing that can done and include test to see for associations to myasthenia gravis, that include antibodies to acetylcholine receptor, blood counts, chemical panels looking at liver and kidney, immune evaluation of the cells inside. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How do you prevent your leg ulcers from weeping?
- How do you prevent cold sores from recurring?
- How do you prevent your period from coming?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How do you prevent your hair from falling out?
- How do you get rid of the fish smell from my penis?
- How do you get rid of neck pain from sleeping in the wrong position?
- How do you keep a hemorrhoid from bursting open and leaking puss?
- Talk to a head and neck surgeon online for free