Doctor insights on:
How Do You Lower The Bun Level In Blood
Recently got a blood test and had a bun level of 6.0 mg/dl and b/c ratio is 6.6. They said they were low. Should i be concerned?
BUN of 5: Your BUN of 6 mg/dl is low. It is important to know that its level varies from lab to lab. And it is related to your protein intake and your state of hydration. You did not give your creatinine (c) level. Your c is dependent on your sex, age, weight and age. If the physician (p) who ordered the test is not worried, as he did not call you, do not worry about it. If you need reassurance, call the p. ...Read more
I am 49 year old male in good general . A recent blood test showed bun level at 27 and creatinine level at 1.4. Should i be concerned? What are possible causes?
I have a high blood Bun level of 23 w/range 10-20 and a low blood Creatinine level of 0.65 w/range of 0.70-1.20. I'm a little confused as to meaning?
Dehydration: Were you dehydrated when the blood was drawn. If you were asked to come fasting, you may not have taken enough water. Dehydration affects BUN more than it affects creatinine. Since creatinine is normal, I would not worry about BUN. At your next test, make sure you drink water in the morning before the blood is drawn. ...Read more
Nothing : This is still a normal value. Nothing to worry about. ...Read more
My bun level is 16mg/dl and my creatinine 0.62 mg/dl normals but bun/creatinine is 26.1 should I be worried? I was fasting. Other blood & urine ok!
Nope: The ratio is high due to a relative increase in the BUN with a perfectly normal cr. You may have been a bit dehydrated with the fast. No issue here. ...Read more
Urea cycle stops: The ammonia that the body generates during metabolism doesn't get detoxified by being turned into urea. ...Read more
What does a 12.86mg/dl bun (blood urea nitrogen) and 1.34 mg/dl creatinine mean? Should i be worried?
Normal: Seems normal- however could be slightly abnormal if this is a 90 yr old emaciated female or a very small child. ...Read more
BUN liver: Urea is produced thru the ornithine cycle in the liver thus BUN levels reflect functioning of the liver/kidneys. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How do you keep a normal blood sugar level during the day and night?
- What causes high triglyceride levels in the blood what can i do to lower them?
- How do you tell if you got blood clots in the legs after a flight?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How to lower sugar levels in the blood immediately?
- How to lower potassium levels in the blood?
- How do you diagnose a blood clot in the leg?
- Do you hurt in the lower back and hip in early signs of pregnancy?
- How do you reduce high calcium level in blood?