Doctor insights on:
How Do You Know When Your Blood Sugar Is Low
The blood sugar concentration or blood glucose level is the amount of glucose (sugar) present in the blood of a human or animal. The body naturally tightly regulates blood glucose levels as a part of metabolic homeostasis. Glucose is the primary source of energy for the body's cells, and blood lipids (in the form of fats and oils) are primarily ...Read more
No secret formula: Eat a healthy well balanced diet including a variety of fruits and vegetables, while limiting sweets, and avoiding empty calories (soda, candy, high fructose corn syrup). Get regular moderate aerobic exercise at least 150 min per week; with two days/week of resistance exercises. Get adequate high quality sleep (average adult needs 7-9hrs/nght) Relax! Find healthy outlets to stress. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
What did you eat?: If your blood sugar is confirmed low within a few hours of a meal, it often suggests that a high sugar or starchy meal was ingested without protein. It is commonly seen in the teenage girl who only eats chips and sugared soda for lunch and in people with Insulin resistance who may have diabetes or prediabetes. Also ifpatients take too much Insulin or don't eat enough protein after taking insulin. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Too much sugar?: Eat only meat or fish or cheese or eggs or poultry and low starch veggies, drink only water. In other words avoid all carbs, carbs will only briefly raise your sugar levels and then your Insulin levels. The fats in the meat or fish or cheese or eggs or poultry will act like a "log on your metabolic fire" to keep your blood sugar stable for hours without raising insulin. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How do you know when your potassium is low?
- How do you feel when your sugar is low?
- How do you know when your blood pressure is high?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How do you lower your blood sugar?
- What to do when your blood sugar is too low?
- How do you know if your serotonin levels are low?
- How do you know when your period cycle is changing?
- How do you know when your blood sugar is high?