Doctor insights on:
How Do You Know When A Wound Reached The Dermis
What do you mean?: The epidermis is so thin (think "roof" of a blister) that nearly all wounds reach the dermis. The dermis is the thick, sturdy portion of the skin (think the tough, fuzzy part of leather) and the epidermis is the waterproof layer on top (think the smooth layer on top that gives the leather its "finish"). Even a scratch often reaches the dermis. Hope this helps, but if not, ask again! ...Read more
Got scratched by blood contaminated dental bur while operating on my patient. No bleeding. Cut through epidermis and reach the dermis. Advice?
Scraps under eye 5 year old boy which reach to superficial layer of dermis and formed scab removed early does that injury deep enough to leave a scar?
Topical retinoid: Prescription strength topically applied retinoids, such as tazarotene or tretinoin, can help thicken and strengthen the dermis after months of use. For quicker and more dramatic cosmetic results, "fillers" such as Restylane (dermal fillers) can be injected into localized areas to help soften any wrinkles caused by volume depletion. ...Read more
Dermis: Since the production of procollagen must precede the production of collagen, vitamin c must have a role in this step. A compounded topical medication called vitamin c palmitate 30% is very effective at improving the collagen in the dermis. The oral vitamin c is not that effective. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How do you know when a person is dying?
- How do you know when a women is ovulating?
- How do you know when you have hiv?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How do u know when you are ovulating?
- How do u know when you conceived?
- How do you know when you have an orgasium?
- How do you know when you have sepsis?
- How do you know when your has reached an orgasm?