Doctor insights on:
How Do You Know If Your Thyroid Medicine Is Working
1 week...: To see noticeable effect; 6 weeks to get full benefit of that new dose. ...Read more
Can my thyroid start working again and cause me to get hives and angiodema if i take my thyroid medicine-my throat swells but not fully?
Why when I take my Synthroid thyroid medicine it makes me gain weight, I still be tired, cold I take iron pills, vitamin, do that surpose to happen, my medicine not working, doctor says I am find?
Not a good idea: Thyroid hormone therapy is necessary hormone for metabolism. If one is taking the medication because they have no thyroid gland at all (i.e. After surgery or radioiodine therapy), then stopping the medication can eventually be life-threatening. It may takes months for the person to see the effect though. Generally it is not a good idea to stop taking thyroid hormone without the doctor's advise. ...Read more
It seems lately that my right hand and my foot are cold and i don't know why?
I take bc powder for migraines and thyroid medicine. Imitrex as well.
Eat healthy high : Calorie foods. Eat 6 meals/day. Work on strength training to build your large muscle groups. Workout w heavier weights w fewer repetitions. Sleep at least 8 to 9 hrs/night. Hydrate well w water. Foods to help w healthy weight gain: almonds, cashews, pecans, sunflower seeds, flax seeds, walnuts, hummus, avocados, granola, trail mix, dried fruits, extra virgin olive oil, canola oil, protein shakes, . ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
If i started out taking my thyroid medicine at 6:30am. But now taking it at 10am. But want to go back to taking it about 8am .
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How do you know if your thyroid is not working?
- How do you know when your thyroid medication is working?
- How do you know if your cherry is popped?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How do you know if lexapro is working?
- How do you know if your uti is gone?
- How do you know if your pinky finger is broken?
- How do you know if zoloft is working?
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free