Doctor insights on:
How Do You Know If You Have Oral Herpes
There are different types of herpes infections; herpes simplex infection of mouth (gingivostomatitis) and lips (labialis) are the most common. Others include genital herpes, and herpes zoster. Herpes infection could very mild to very dangerous depending on the type and location of the body affected. I ...Read more
Not at outbreak: You should not have the piercing place during an outbreak of lip (cold) sores due to infectious nature. Harmful to person placing the devise. However, no problem at other times. Slight risks of other infections to the site. ...Read more
Yes: Cold sores are painful liquid filled blisters that can occur on the lips, roof of the mouth or the gums which are caused by the herpes simplex virus (hsv-1). Tingling ;/or pain can herald the oncoming of cold sore 1 to 2 days prior to eruption. An estimated 80% of americans have been exposed to herpes simplex virus type 1. However, not all of those people will get cold sores. ...Read more
Herpes answer: You can get a culture grown off of a mouth sore in order to confirm diagnosis. Some sores are herpes caused...Most are not...They are canker sores which are nonspecific sores caused by some sort of trigger i.e. Acidic food, stress, etc. Herpetic sores are usually over bone not in lips or cheek area. Ask your dentist for a more definitive answer. He/she can look at your in person. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How do u know if you have herpes?
- How do you know if your having a growth spurt?
- How do doctors know if you have viral or bacterial bronchitis?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How do you know if you have mrsa in your blood stream but no symptoms?
- How do you know if you have a dry socket?
- How do you know if you have blood poisoning?
- How do you know if you have an ovarian cyst?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free