Doctor insights on:
How Do You Know If You Have A Cold Sore
Also referred to as fever blisters, cold sores are small, painful fluid-filled blisters that are usually found around the lips. Cold sores are generally caused by the herpes simplex virus 1 which is related to herpes simplex virus 2 that causes genital herpes. Cold sores are very contagious and can be spread by mouth to mouth contact. They can spread to the genitalia and cause genital ...Read more
Not exactly: Most cold sores are caused by a virus while most impetigo is due to bacteria such as staphylococcus. One does not lead to the other. However, if you have a weakened immune system then you may be at risk to develop both of these problems around the same time. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
It depends to the: immunity of the person who is kissed. A blood test can show if you already have the virus and you are immune to the virus or you do not have the virus and not immune to it. People with hsv (cold sore) virus will sometimes transmit the virus on days when there is no sore. But most of us carry this virus with no symptoms since we were children, thus we already have it and are immune to it. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How do i know if i have a cold sore?
- How do you know when a cold sore is coming?
- How do you know when a cold sore is healing?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How do you know if its a cold or allergies?
- If you have a cold sore do you have herpes
- If you have a cold sore do you automatically have herpes
- How can you tell if you have a cold sore?
- Talk to a dermatologist online