Doctor insights on:
How Do You Know If You Have A Broken Finger
Finger fracture: Can heal quickly but there are many structures in the hand that combine to give function. Adjacent joints may be slightly arthritiic and be inflamed, tendons and ligaments can be stiff or tight, skin can stay swollen, joints can be inflamed.Muscles can be weak from injury or disuse.Pain in some degree can be from even a slight subtle change in mechanics so get an x-ray to find out what you have. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
They get fixed!: Surgery for torn tendons and fractured bones repairs the damages. You will probably get immobilized and need physical therapy once cleared by your surgeon. Bones get fixed by either pins or plates and screws to hold the pieces together, allowing movement before it gets stiff. Stitches are used to repair cut tendons, which allow scar tissue to fully heal the tendon edges. Good luck. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
I have a broken finger and bone chip. Will I have to wear a hard cast after the operation to remove the bone chip?
Hi my daughter has a splint on her arm due to a broken finger, her hand is swollen, i just wanted to know if that was normal or not. ?
Pain, swelling, loss: Of motion, deviation, rotation, stiffness, throbbing, numbness, discoloration, tightness all can be symptoms of a finger fracture. If one suspects a fracture, then elevation, ice , splinting and urgent evaluation is needed as many seemingly simple fractures in the hand require a detailed understanding of what to do to optimize healing and return of function. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How do you know if you have a broken rib?
- How do you know if a finger is broken?
- How do you know if your having a growth spurt?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How do you know if you have a dry socket?
- How would you know if you have a broken thumb?
- How do i know if i have a broken finger or just a sprain?
- How do you know if you have a punctured lung?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free