Doctor insights on:
How Do You Know If U Have Thyroid Problems
Fasting: Thyroid hormone medication (levothyroxine) is very long acting, and blood levels will not change with fasting. You don't say what kind of thyroid problem you have. If you are hyperthyroid, your metabolic rate is fast and you will get hungry quickly, and fasting can be hard on you. Best to get the thyroid levels normalized. ...Read more
You can have problems with they thyroid making too much or too little thyroid hormone. You can also have problems with it being too large (goiter) of having nodules or cysts in it. There are also occasional thyroid cancers. Most thyroid problems can be easily diagnosed and treated ...Read more
Various: While most thyroid conditions are chance happenings, we do know that exposure to radiation and deficiencies of iodine can both lead to trouble with this organ. If you are worried that you are at risk, consult with your primary care provider for an in-depth conversation and examination. ...Read more
Thryoid problems: The three most common thyroid problems are hypothyroid (low function), hyperthyroid (high function) and thyroid nodules. The most common cause of hypothyroidism is hashimoto's thyroid disease. The most common cause of hyperthyroidism is graves' disease. Thyroid nodules are very common and are seen more with advancement of technology. Most thyroid nodules are not cancerous. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How do i know if i have a thyroid problem?
- How do u know if you have merca?
- How do u know if you have a hernia?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How do you know if u have a std?
- How do u know if you have cancer?
- How do u know if you have herpes?
- How do u know if you have lupus?
- Talk to an otolaryngologist online