Doctor insights on:
How Do You Keep A Normal Blood Sugar Level During The Day And Night
The blood sugar concentration or blood glucose level is the amount of glucose (sugar) present in the blood of a human or animal. The body naturally tightly regulates blood glucose levels as a part of metabolic homeostasis. Glucose is the primary source of energy for the body's cells, and blood lipids (in the form of fats and oils) are primarily ...Read more
• I am diabetic since 5 years,for the last 5 years my fasting blood glucose in between 125-134 mg/dL and my blood sugar level two hours after eati?
No specific question: The fasting blood sugar results you are providing do indeed point to diabetes. Are you under the care of a physician and being treated for the diabetes? If you are on medication I would advise that you follow up with your physician to discuss your results. Heed the lifestyle advice that your doctor gives you, changing your diet and exercising will greatly affect you long term outcome. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Blood sugar: Mean level is 5.5mmol/l or 100mg./dl. , although it fluctuates during the day where it rises after meals. The normal fasting level is 70-100 mg./dl. If not fasting, the level should not exceed 125 mg./dl. For diabetics, the level should be 70-130 fasting, or less than 180 after meals. ...Read more
Depends on age: Normal values are: Premature baby 45-100mg/dl Full term baby 45-120mg/dl 1 wk old - 16 yr - 60-105mg/dl Older than 16 - 70-115mg/dl However, certain circumstances may change these slightly and still be considered normal, such as stress (physical or emotional), some medications and whether or not the test was done fasting. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Under 180mg: Blood sugar leevels go up after eating but typically remain under the threshold level of 180mg, above which kidney can not handle the sugar which begins to show up in the urine. That would be abnormal and indication of glucose intolerance, in other words suggestive of diabetes. ...Read more
Yes but it takes har: Diabetes can be reversed as long as it is in the prediabetes stage. But it requires a lot of effort to make lifestyle changes. This would include getting the weight down to a healthy level...Losing 5-10% of body weight is required. This can be done with reduction in caloric intake(eating less) and exercising daily for minimum of 30 minutes. More than half of the folks can bring down their sugar. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Normal mid day blood sugar level
- What is normal blood sugar level during pregnancy?
- What is a normal blood sugar level during pregnancy?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How do you get your blood sugar level down?
- How to keep blood sugar from dropping to dangerous levels in a diabetic?
- How do water salts sugars keep a blood cell from swelling?
- How do you test blood sugar?
- Talk to a diabetes specialist online for free